Thought I'd have a session with Rafiki this afternoon when I got home from work -it wasn't pouring and she has missed out recently, poor girl. I decided to go 'back' a step as I did with Cam, and get it solid. Interesting, although she is LB she couldn't deal with face stroking for more than 2 strokes without moving her feet. So we got three good ones each side -left side better than the right then moved on. She is VERY food motivated and forward going so we passengered on line in Z3 and 'found'some carrots, to her delight!! She has never understood about backing over poles so thought we might do some of that -always gone sideways and anyother way but back -I haven't put the time in before.....just done something else. How is that for poor focus!!
She very quickly got the hang of front feet over pole then backing til she was behind it - she found it quite fun to stand there 'rolling' the pole back and forth with her foot! Then she did it with the other foot.We progressed to coming forward over the pole with 3 feet then back (when she got carrotpiece)then all 4 when she got another carrotpiece. How interesting...at no point did she tryand go sideways or avoid it...
We moved on to remind her of figure of eight - she 'remembered' it one way but not the other -hmm, it wasn't her it was me - I was very 'wishy washy' sending her to the left and much clearer to the right...soon as I was clearer she got it so after one good figure of eight we finished. She wasn't ready to stop but promised her we'll do more and different things next time....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment