Where have I been recently - spending time with mum as she made it over here from the UK! It was great to see her and we had some nice trips out BUT she left yesterday so horseing has resumed in earnest!!
I did have some horse time recently - have probably ridden Rafiki 5 times since early January, and Cameo maybe 4. Rafiki is making huge progress - we are now playing with Freestyle pattern 2. I've been really pleased with Cam - have been following the rail with very little rein contact bareback at the walk - now my elbow is so much better we'll try some trot. Rafiki has a gorgeous trot and I love riding that. sadly she is a bit laminitic again - new batch of hay. So I didn't ride today - just played very gently in the arena (where she has been living) to give her some excercise but not stress her feet. It seems she is supersensitive.
Cam is keeping her company and I'm a bit worried about her feet too - the twins are fine tho. I got some comfort pads for Rafiki and Cam to wear in their boots - tried Cam's out today in the hay paddock online. Wow did they make a difference - she offered fabulous extended trot on both reins AND was exuberant but stayed LB...HUGE progress for my little RBI!! We progressed to fast figure of eight and she offered a couple of flying changes around the cones - woohoo we are getting there!! I was right in thinking there wasn't enough room in the arena so glad I got the comfort pads.
I also had a play with Merlot recently. he was super exuberant too but I only played on the 12ft - he is amazing - so light - even though exuberant no pressure on the line. he was having a game with me of only doing one circle, so we played with that!! I rewarded him soon as he did a tiny little bit more and then we did something else..he is so funny at picking things up - hoses, buckets, carrot stick etc. I had left my parelli bag within reach of his pen so he emptied everything out, then when I discovered what he had done and was picking things up he joined in too, did make me giggle, what a helpful boy!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment