Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Fun ride with Cam

I raced around all day from 5am so that I could fit in a ride while it is relatively dry. I wanted to ride Cam and try the saddle out to see how she is now.

She was lovely - much softer and more responsive and we got a lot better 'maintain gait' at trot and she offered canter a few times but I said no thanks lets maintain the trot. HEAPS better than last time. Only about half of the arena was rideable - the rest is sludge :(. But half is a lot better than what some people have so I'm grateful.

we did a kind of weird figure of eight but needed a bit more go so did a weird rectangle with squashed in sides. Didn't take long for her to recognise the new pattern. Is months and months since I rode her with the saddle - she is so tiny compard with Rafiki!! The best thing - even though we did a quite a few trots and transitions (well only half an hour but she is totally unfit) - we had zero ruffles...think my forest riding is helping my stability in the saddle...

Can't wait to ride her again ..!! Also think she is reverting to being my levels horse again...

No comments:

Post a Comment