Tonight I had time for a short session with both Cam and Rafiki. I think sometimes I go on too long so a few short sessions would be good! We did a bit more hill therapy/circling game with Cam,with a very lack lustre trot so I upped the energy a bit, asked for canter and she immediately got the hint and with a lovely relaxed canter on both reins!! Very pleased as it is such a departure from her normal 'motorbike' - it looked rideable for me. Lots of yawns in between each circle of canter and again at the end -only did 15 minutes.
Then it was Rafiki's turn - she offered to stand on the pedestal immediately, so she got a carrot piece and then headed off to figure of eight the cones. She did it perfectly at the walk, and got a little 'incentive' treat, so then we tried the trot -made a great try and I gave very little guidance. After another couple of times she showed she had 'got it' so we had a quick trot circle together going forward again -she has such a lovely even stride. Then finished!!
I fed and put hay in the paddock (which joins the arena) as usual leaving the arena gate open as they like to go in the arena most days (Cam even had a sleep in spooky corner, legs all curled up, the other day- another first!!) . Then I went back to clean up the pens and Merlot came with me, leaving the others and leaving his hay. He went straight to the pedestal and stood on it so I managed to find a very old carrot piece which was gratefully recieved!! he 'helped' me clean out the pens sniffing everything which took about 10 minutes,then I took him back to the others and hay, then realised I'd left my hat by the pens (decided against riding to fit Cam and Rafiki in) . So I ran back, and to my suprise AGAIN he followed me,then sauntered with me back to the paddock where I suggested he might like some yummy hay before the others ate it all. He seemed to understand that was it, as he didn't follow me to the barn,as he sometimes does . We were such a herd of two, his choice!! So pleased -if we can keep this bond it will be an amazing relationship- I didn't ask him to come with me at anytime....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

awww lovely - I too think short is good
ReplyDelete