Just a quick blog today - Cam and I had a brief play in the rain while the others stuffed on the new section of grass in the paddock - so far she seems to be the only one who has put on any weight, and of course the one who didn't need to....
Anyway, no-one was too worried about being separated, so that was good. We played touch it initially then driving from z 5 one line at a walk and trot briefly, before some canter circles. The right rein is still harder but oh so much better, especially when I ask her out. We also played porky in z3 and 4 with a rope around the flank for the first time (not sure where that is in the patterns..), and she responded straight away, then we turned it into 'backwards from a few tail hairs, which we haven't done for a while. She was so good!! Treats make such a big difference now she is more solidly LB...
Then onto OLP12 - figure of eight at a canter around the barrels doing a simple change through the middle. This is our second play with this, and she has made SUCH good tries!! Today she even did 2 flying lead changes instead of simple ones!! I was really pleased as she could have been RB and distracted as it was raining and windy, and out of sight of the others.
I also put a little molasses on the Cradle bit and she loved that, so went for a short walk eating grass so she could play with it and get the feel in a friendly way - I was even wary of leading her in a bit- got to get over that!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Nice!
ReplyDeleteWe didn't get any rain till 11pm!!
Know what you mean about the bit - can't wait till next months DVD - it's what Linda was doing at the conference in Oz... cool