This post is dedicated to Hana who very kindly offered to come over and video my Freestyle level 2 - a goal I set for the end of September/beginning of October back in about July. Thank you so much for helping me achieve my goal Hana!!
Note the goal was merely to film L2, not pass!!As I had done nothing towards it beyond plannning out on a scrap of paper what I might do and had done no physical practice I wasn't that hopeful, but Hana in her wisdom said 'think of it as feedback....' - great phsychology!! So I thought 'why not' and that next week the forecast could be even worse!! These are a few pics of our 'practice'..I was very pleased with how soft and non 'motorbikey' Cam was...what a sweetie!!

Lateral flexion above - carrot??

I used the cone as a holder for my carrot stick before carrot stick riding - it worked well!

Yay a reasonably forward going but not maniacal trot - how long have we waited for this...and towards the corner 'previously known as spooky'... I did realise though I had my hand too high for a casual rein but never mind...

This was better - I even look quite relaxed myself!! I think these pics mught come as a suprise to those who remember the 'old' Cam - total RBE with no brakes...

There might even be a suspicion of bend in our bodies here....

This was a bit of sideways online - we haven't been over the logs much yet.

This was before riding - even here looks like the start of a bit of bend...
As it turned out though everything went very smoothly and Hana took some pics for me as well. So I'm going to send the dvd off anyway!!
THANK YOU HANA (the scones were great too!)
oh that's great news - and the first time I have seen you on a horse!! YAY
ReplyDeleteLooks fab and the day was ok in the end.... well done Hana and Jane
Thanks Vicki, I was really pleased as we had only practiced the ingredients. But then again you are supposed to be able to do the 'tasks' you are assessing for on any given day, aren't you...:)
ReplyDeleteI hope you have sent the tape in. Digital cameras are great you just keep clicking and you generally get something good.
ReplyDeleteYahoo- WELL DONE!!!! Look'n good for you and Cam. Just goes to show - if your brain puts in the stops you'll stop but if you just get in and do- Great things happen..Good for you Hana & Jane.
ReplyDelete