Monday, November 23, 2009

Merlot the teenager!

Merlot made me laugh saturday - we had a bit of a play as I needed to get a bit of respect going and do his feet.

We played games 1-3 and moved to circling - he didn't really move at all when I sent him so I sent again and tagged him, as he hadn't left the spot, so he shot off. The next time I sent I tagged where he would have been, and he shot off bucking, so every buck got a tag til he stopped and trotted nicely - about 4 bucks. Then the next time he went he went beautifully into trot straight away, and as soon as he got out of my view went into canter and without really putting much pressure on the (12ft!) line I could feel him leaping around and tossing his head! Then just before he came back into view he meekly came down to a trot and trotted beautifully, then did EXACTLY the same thing again!! What a cheeky LB pony!! The next time he trotted nicely infront of me I stopped him and asked him in, and he yawned and yawned and went all soft, then we went and did his feet - he was good as gold!!

we are going to have some fun!!

3 comments: