Wednesday, November 4, 2009

some different stuff

Today I had a short play with Cam as I needed to move them all to a safer paddock for bonfire night, and also needed to give Rafiki a massage and didn't have much time...

Rafiki has been a bit sore in her back (head tossing was telling me that) so Rachel came and gave her a really good massage which made a LOT of difference - I just need to keep it up now. She was mainly sore in her saddle area, also top of her neck and around her ears, which possibly explains poor porky response up there. We will try again in a day or two. Rachel also thought she might be grass sensitive so I have wopped up the toxin binders massively (x3) to see if it made a difference. They were all uncharacteristically spooky on Monday, so I increased it Monday night, then by tuesday night they were back to their normal calm selves...i think this stuff really makes a difference...

Today I took Cam for a walk over the back paddock - she was keen to go out and very calm - not even worried about a flapping tarpaulin hidden in the trees. We played up and down the hills and she popped over the log both ways. Then coming back she was happy to squeeze through the rocks in the side of the hill, she even was happy to stop mid squeeze and have some grass! First time we've done that. Then I took her around our house and garden, squeezed under the washing line (not too close to the clean shirts!) all no probs. then we did touch it - on the pot near the back door, the trailer, the garage door handle (that was hard for her), bushes all sorts! She was so confident I took her where we have taken some bushes out around to the deck steps and though - nose neck maybe the feet! She stood on two steps of the deck - so proud of herself! I think she really enjoyed doing something a little different - she has been very claustrophobic around the house before. Best of all, not a single whinny from the others.
then I left Cam in the barn paddock and went to get Rafiki for her massage, leaving the twins by themselves (in sight). Shiraz had a very little worry but we approached and retreated only twice and she was fine, so they were on their own for about 40 mins, just watching us through the trees.
A fun day!
Tomorrow won't be such fun - the dentist is coming - first time for the twins...

2 comments:

  1. oh dear... which dentist?

    Good work with Cam, she has really come along in leaps and bounds hasn't she. Always rains on fireworks night phew.

    Vxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane and Vicki. I am in London for another week but i have had some sad news Shaun has died. Pete found in laying in the paddock and he was gone. Pete said that he had a mouthful of undigested grass in his mouth so it sounds like he did not suffer and went quickly. Its really hard to believe that he has gone. Poor Buzz Pete has put "Nigel no mates" calf in the paddock with Buzz to keep him company.

    Good to hear you both got through firework night with no dramas.

    See you soon. Hana

    ReplyDelete