Monday, November 23, 2009

Porky and focus

Having just read the latest savvy mag, listened to the audio AND read the mastery manual I'm all ready to GO again!! I know from my feedback L2 result I need to improve my focus, so I'm going to work on that for the next month, up until the Christmas. I decided the game I have played the least is porky, so that was one of the things I decided to focus on today. Shiraz also needed her feet done. Poor girl, she had had an abcess/bruise in the OTHER front foot too - I thought at one stage she looked uncomforatble on both fronts.

I played with her to start with, all together still in the paddock (trimmed in there too) and she was heaps better than before, especially soft backing from z1. Interestingly Merlot just wanted to be wherever I was - have I finally started to become interesting for him? He wasn't pestering, for once, just content to stand by with a soft eye and go to sleep....then I had a play with him and oh how interesting - very respectful, backing off the slightest feel, and nice lateral flexion too when we have barely done it...
I did a little of the same with Rafiki - she was very soft too, and fq movement SO much better. Then it was Cam's turn - she has decided to associate with me again! The normal yields are very second nature to her so we did some lead by the leg, then rope around the girth and porky towards me, only for the second time, then rope around the flank towards me - for the first time and VERY easily and softly yay!! Then rope around both back legs and porky back - slightly harder but still no problem - porky on a few tail hairs then left it there. Very happy seeing as we haven't played for a month, and she just wanted to be with me......

1 comment:

  1. Forgot to say...I only had one rope, so all the porky with Cam was at liberty - yay!!

    ReplyDelete