I finally feel I'm back playing with the horses agin. This week I have had a short session with Cam and Rafiki. The ticks have just been terrible, despite their 'body wash' so I decided I'd wash their tails (and Rafiki's mane as she has ticks there too). The twins aren't so badly affected.
Rafiki was fine - glad of the attention and opportunity to eat grass. I have been observing her a lot when I can, and I really think she is LBE (mild but with a real tendency to go RBE and RBI VERY quickly) - I think she is medium to high spirited, rather than medium to low, as I thought before. Nowhere near real high spirit of course, but everything she does she usually does with a lot of energy.
Cam of course I know is sceptical about everything. even when I washed her tail last year she was not convinced it was a good idea, so having the lance on the end of the hose was going to be different. Anyway, not much approach and retreat was needed and she was fine - best ever infact, and we progressed to tying practice. I was able to go and feed the others in the next paddock almost out of sight through the trees and she wasn't worried. That is a HUGE step for us, when she used to just pull back and panic even when I was with her....panic when she stepped on the rope etc etc .We also had a play with the conditioner spray - I remember pre parelli when I first approached her with it you'd have thought I was shooting at her with a gun - I never got to spray her at all then - she was sceptical of the 'thing'..... this time I could spray her mane...happily!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

excellent progress with the scary things!!
ReplyDeleteLBE hey!! Woohoo