
I had a very quick play with Rafiki while my brain still remembered some of what Russell had said. I did take notes too but wanted to remind my muscles.
What was FASCINATING is that she was full of beans but super attentive - looked sound again too. We went in the hay paddock and my plan was to teach her what i did with Merlot, as she is LB her shoulder comes in sometimes. The weirdest thing was, it was as if she had been watching and already learned it!! She knew exactly what to do even when I asked on ph 1, and Merlot certainly didn't, even with Russell initially. How do you explain that? Like Shiraz teaching herself to play with the pedestal and barrels....
So we played 'point to point and you can eat grass', but she was so keen on the grass she was doing everything I asked softly but without lifting her head up - ie backing up, yielding hq, yielding fq - did make me luagh. We also did sideways with nose attached to grass - thats what she's doing in the pic. Won't make a habit of it but we did have fun...and isn't that what it is about....

What a character she is...and C L E V E R. I think you are right about some horses watching and learning..and why not isn't that what they do as a herd..I think the most amazing thing is YOU allow her to look and learn...and doesn't that build a good partnership? When you really think about it they are teaching us all the time.
ReplyDeleteIt's just mind boggling