I rode Cameo bareback (but on the pad) yesterday, mainly to check whether my improved riding the other day was a fluke - happy to say it wasn't!! I could ride her trot as fast as she wanted to go, not so easily when she offered canter - I tipped forward and gripped upwards but not too bad when she did her sudden deceleration from trot to virtually halt. very pleased!
Unfortunately Rafiki was still a bit sore, so did nothing with her. She was less sore but I still can't see what the problem is. The more I do on my NRC nutrition, the more I learn, and this week about how dangerous kikuyu pasture can be. I never realised it could 'cause' lameness, but when you think of the effects of course it can...beginning to wonder whether this has anything to do with Rafiki's bouts of soreness...I tied it into weather before and feet going soft, maybe connected with grass but maybe it is specifically connected with growth of the kikuyu, as that seems to respond first to rain...
hmm, need to research a bit more I think. Hoping to do the 'nutrition as therapy' course - sure that will help. I just love learning - never realised I was such an information addict!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Garbo was lame on and off for two years at my old yard with very toxic rye grass.... definitely think it can have an effect.... I have never had problems with the kykuia here though.
ReplyDeleteyay you trotting bareback - omgosh - wonder if I will ever be able to do that. Have fun at your lesson on Tuesday!! Who are you using?