Wet again today, but I really need to ride as have done 'nothing' with the horses since last Sunday apart from feed. So I thought I'd have a quick play before it got much wetter.
We needed to move paddocks again today, through the arena, and as I wanted to have a play and ride Cam I put the halter on. Suprise number 1 - EVRYONE wanted the halter on!! We ambled off and as I walked through the arena everyone lined up in a row with me, just walking along. So I 'experimented' with breathing out and stopping ....everyone stopped, still in a line.. we walked on and stopped again - still in a line!! Amazing to be able to 'softly play' with 4 at a time, I really don't think it made any difference the halter was on Cam as there was no feel in it. I put them in the paddock and had to shut them out of the arena - they still wanted to stick with me. As it was quite steady rain I didn't want to get too much too wet so only had the halter and 12ft, no carrot stick/string etc and decided to have a quick play at liberty with Cam in her cover. Oh I forgot to stay we got a first - she yoyoed on a ph1 (thought) BACK up the step in the arena with her front legs with zero effort. Anyway, we had a play at liberty at a trot (having walked first) - figure of eight then we weaved up and down still at a trot - another first - never done it at liberty and certainly not at trot!! She was perfect.
The rain was pretty steady so I had a short bareback ride focussing on how little I could do and how slow I could be in my body - very pleased - we barely needed the rein!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Nice post Jane. Sounds like you had fun and I can 'feel' your surprise. Marvelous. It's a timely reminder that I need to spend time doing 'nothing' too lol.
ReplyDeletec x
awesome... would have made a great piccy all in a line lol
ReplyDeleteps you can borrow the book but like someone in that course thread said - you are going there to learn so don't put too much pressure on yourself to 'study' beforehand - you'll only wear yourself out before you arrive and then get sick on Day three or something
Thanks both of you - and thanks Vicki for offer of book - you are right. I won't put too much pressure on myself but I do want to know what is in there!
ReplyDeleteJx