Sunday, August 22, 2010

What I've been up to...

Not much horse time unfortunately...ever since I found out I was able to go to Colorado it has been flat tack getting organised - lists for travelling, lists for inside jobs at home, list for outside jobs at home and for the 'caretaker', lists for the Jackie Chant clinics in November (thanks SO much to Wendy for stepping in again and helping me out), lists for work etc etc - and I'm still adding to them!! Think I've had one evening off since 15th July - last night we went to Grease - was fun. I have been quite RBE so this part alone has been challenging - forgetting how I used to be like this most of the time ...full of nervous energy and total inability to focus - I have improved slightly!! Focus is still my big challenge though.

Unfortunately I last rode about 3 weeks ago - just not had a moment - but it has been my decision so I'm dealing with it. I had a lovely afternoon last weekend with my very special Parelli friends- thanks SO much ladies....you are just the best. About the only relaxation I've had, apart from today briefly visting another friend and her horse. Wow what huge changes have been made there - he is a different horse and reminds me of Rafiki - perhaps a different horsenality to what originally 'showed'.

The house extension is now pretty much finished apart from the bathroom, so that pressure has gone. Just a few outside jobs to finish off in summer.

I know I will learn just so much and can't wait to go now - once I'm on that plane i will sleep - not sure how much reading I'll get done! So the next blog will be a lot more interesting than this one - this is a test from my new netbook...
Also having read terms and conditions of the course I don't think I can load any pics - but then again I don't upload many pics anyway...sorry to anyone reading!

I'm as prepared as I can be - know the 8 princliples, 8 responsibilities, 10 qualities, 3 laws, 3 promises of a professional but haven't got the 45 Ps perfect yet! My last thing to learn this week will be the order of the patterns _ i used to be quite ok - remember OLP3, FS 2etc!! But things have slipped a bit so need some revision.

Just feeling SO lucky - what did I do to deserve this - to be able to have that course as a start to the season then the clinic in November to really keep my incentive up - I would like to take Rafiki but am going to be riding Cameo too so I have a choice of two, just incase....

gotta go, check this on the other computer..then prepare for my interview on Thursday - all comes at once but again SO lucky there to have the opportunity...

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck for your interview on Thursday - and as for the last month - what better way to spend the last month of winter - it will be a blur as opposed to us lot going "OMG so sick of the rain when will it end" LOL...

    No photos WHAT....??!!??

    Not even you OWN??????

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, I will be checkimng out about photos more definitley.....

    ReplyDelete