Since my last blog I have made very little apparent progress - have been waiting for Cam and Rafiki to recover from their laminitis - it wasn't bad but I didn't want it to get worse. They both look sounder now so hopefully I will be doing things again soon. I know theres plenty I could do, but totally lost motivation for a while. I did though get my hoof trimming checked and my nutrition calculations checked now I have the new hay tested. Both were fortunately pretty much ok.
So Rafiki and Cam have been on the 'emergency' cushings diet, soaked hay, soaked easibeet,vitamin E, ground flaxseed, salt and other minerals. I'll work out their nutrient requirements for the new hay and gradually switch them on to that. I have barely thought of auditions and the looming videoing I need to do for Auguest - just need to get theses 2 better first...take the time it takes and all that...
Also have got more visitors and had a wisdom tooth out, so good to get that out of the way.To all those who have horror wisdom teeth stories - I was lucky and had a very 'good' experience compared with how it could have been. So it doesn't always have to be terrible. I was amazed at how I could control my brain into not worrying or even thinking about it and what seems to have amazed everyone (and me!) is I have had no pain. Sure the extra strong painkillers helped but think arnica before and after did too.
I have had a play with Merlot - he was fabulous and exuberant and just LOVED playing in the hay paddock on a very hot day. He delighted in rearing and prancing and offered a delicious canter all curved around me, putting no pressure on the line. he is so athletic - he'd do all sorts of acrobatics behind me and change direction but not put pressure on the line... My goal was for him to keep his exuberance and not go introverted so was pleased with that..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Merlot - what a star.
ReplyDeleteI had no problems at all with all my wisdom teeth either... not sure what all the fuss is about LOL
Motivation is such a funny thing- has to go down so that you KNOW when it's right back on track heehee..Welcome back- You have been a very busy girl lately and so glad the wisdom teeth are now sorted...Mine never hurt either when they were removed...I think it was you that told me- "you have to be right first" and then you can deal with everything else....Wise don't you think XXX
ReplyDelete