Tuesday, February 22, 2011

problems v progress...how topical!!

Loved that article in savvy times - how topical!!

And as always so obvious. Mixed feelings today after the terrible Christchurch earthquake....but...what have I been lucky enough to be reminded of - enjoy TODAY - there might not be a tomorrow. Goals are great but they aren't everything.

Other life has got in the way of horses the past few weeks, and try as I might to enjoy time 'not horsing' I much prefer to 'horse'. Rafiki and Cam have been slowly mending, and I have spotted them trotting and cantering on the rock hard ground daily for the past week, so they are much sounder. Today was my first opportunity for play with the girls feeling a bit better. (we had our 18th day since December 23rd with no visitors...not consecutive days but it felt like only about a week with no vistors so my imagination has been winding itself up as usual). I decided to have an online play at the walk with Cam, doing anything but circling as I usually overdo that. She offered all sorts of things with the pedestal, 1, 2 and 4 feet on, just the backs or just the fronts, sideways over and attempted to back over it - mostly her ideas!! Then we did some sideways - she was very keen on sideways towards so we balanced it up with sideways away, and as it started to rain persistently finshed with a bit of a graze.
Nice to have motivation and be back playing with my partner again!!

4 comments:

  1. I Know what you mean- no horsing time doesn't cut it...but onward & upward..XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats nice to be back.... have visitors all gone now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it is nice to have you back with motivation and playing again!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all your comments - it is good to be back being 'me' again!!

    ReplyDelete