Well, i think I'm back on track now life is back to normal. Rafiki and Cameo have been progressing well and seem to be sound again. I wasn't sure Rafiki was 100% in her body so I was lucky enough to get an appointment with the equnie physio. That was the best $ I have spent in a very long while. Absolutely fascinating, and Rafikis's series of injuries were quite apparent to the physio. I was very impressed when after working on Rafiki's neck (which I knew was a bit 'out')Rafiki was able to turn and scratch her hind fetlock when it was still on the ground!!! She was totally happy with the treatment. Apparently I need to do lot of physical activity to build her muscles as she has lost a lot of muscle over her back and hq. So we'll be doing some hill therapy, but riding is recommended too.
So, we had a play on the ground saturday and sunday briefly, and then I rode yesterday. We played in z 5 online for about 2 minutes, and she was very tuned in, so, thinking of the 3 reasons to play online I hopped on.
Wow - right from the start she was different - more forward going but more responsive, and we followed the rail and played corners game - she kept offering a trot so I allowed it. We then played with poles and for the first time she really felt as if she was powerful from the hq - an amazing feeling!! Every ride just gets better and better!! even though we have hardly played at all!! The trot was so even and rhythmical and I really felt more of a rider than when I ride Cam... I think I like bigger striding horses to ride - they seem easier to stay in harmony with when the rhythm is there. We both really enjoyed the session - forgot to say she neighed when she saw the saddle...this was the horse that used to bite when girthed when I first got her. I had to do a lot of friendly with the saddle at first - it worked!To finish I asked for a nine step back up which has a been a bit resistant before, probably because her back was sore. Not this time - I only had to lift the rein and get to closing my fingers and she was softly backing....
I know a few powerful rhythmical trot steps are not very much, but every journey starts with a few steps, and I think we are on our way now.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sounds to me like you are well on your way. The journey has started! Enjoy lol. Great post!x
ReplyDeleteSounds like an amazing ride. Glad Rafiki and Cam are doing better.
ReplyDeleteYay. So pleased. Well done. You sound as happy as your horsies. Wouldn't mind getting that physio out here if she comes this far. If she does could you let me know her email? Cheers. Let's hope it stays fine for weekend so we can ride!
ReplyDeleteGosh it sounds so much like what Ace is needing. He is a little sore again, in the bicep/hip area (muscular), and Angela the Bowen lady wants me to be doing more so he can get stronger, which will prevent him 'tweaking' things like he is at the moment.
ReplyDelete