Had a great short play with all 4 individually today - having not played at all since I last blogged! They are all amazing - played with Merlot online, trying to get him to walk around the cones. he has such a sens of humour - while walking past it he turned his head, picked it up and took it with him!! Which of course made me laugh so he then shook it....and we lost the figure of 8 but who cares.
I played with Shiraz, having never done figure of 8 but of course she just did it - she really does learn by watching...she did it first go. Her idea was to knock the cone over and rest her leg on it....then turn wand see what I thought!
I had a quick play with Cam at liberty before a bareback ride, and she offered to jump everyting in sight - all I asked for was figure of eight at walk but she trotted off, jumped the log away from me, turned and jumped back!
Rafiki's turn - once again she looked so sensible I just hopped on - bareback plus theraflex is SO comfy. She was great following the rail. Then when I finished, I stopped at x and took the bareback pad off and left it there. Then she came with me to get cam and I thought both were following me at liberty out to the paddock - but no, Rafiki had headed back to the bareback pad and was just standing next to it..!!! She didn't want to go back into the paddock - she wanted to saty in the arena with me, so we did, including lots of treats...how amazing to have 4 horses offer their ideas in a positive way.... am so lucky to know them...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Marvelous...times four x
ReplyDeleteCute - for a minute I thought she jumped everything in sight with you on... lol....
ReplyDelete