Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Day 1....

And guess what - a test of course. On something rather unexpected and i was cross with myself that I forgot at least one obvious point on circling. Grr - have to do better the rest of the week. Really enjoyed the morning with lots of learning on core values etc. It was also nice to see a few people from my Fastrack - fewer than I expected, and met some lovely new people. There are 4 NZ'rs on the course so we are doing well!!

Really enjoyed yesterday and the cutting competiotion - I can see how people become addicted. I was SO impressed at the calmness of everyone - it was so quiet at the showground - not really a show at all - an event in a big indoor arena. Lots of horses loping around in the arena and no-one ran into anyone else, it was all very controlled. Luckily Russell had given me a very brief explanation of what goes on so I had a tiny idea and it was great to see the co-operation between riders.

Duh discovered i forgot the lead that connects my camera to the computer so sorry no pics on the blog for the mo. I saw Vicki riding this afternoon - looked very harmonious with Heart. Unfortunately I missed the figure of eight she was doing yesterday but I did catch the lovely liberty they did.

Our afternoon consisted of lots of simulations with ropes n things - great to see how things can develop. Am off to scribble it all down before I forget - I made notes on my tiny notepad but need to transfer.

Hope the sun is shining!

3 comments:

  1. It rained all day today Jane! Looking forward to reading of your fun and learning x

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4 NZer's on the course- that's great - would love to see the cutting competition. Such skill-The sun is shining here at the mo- a whole week of dry weather- Yay

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I can figure out how to post a video from my iPad I have a great one from the cutting. Go NZ!

    ReplyDelete