Monday, January 25, 2010

Another trip out....

Yesterday Rafiki and I went over to Claire's. It is a bit of a longer trip, about 4o minutes but she was fine. Somehow on the way over she managed to dislodge the breastbar but I didn't hear it drop and she didn't move in the float...(my float is an angle load and I think horses travel better with something to lean on at the front, and it also keeps her away from the window, so I designed one and got Glenbrook to make it up). When we stopped at Claire's and I opened the side door she was just standing there with one hind leg cocked, pretty relaxed! I had wondered if she needed a bit more space and Tony was kind enough to drill 2 more holes so I could move the bar forward. Coming home there was one bang when we set off - (think she was adjusting to more space) no movement or noise at all on the way, and when we got home she was even more relaxed, so think it was the right thing to do.

Anyway, we had a play on the 22ft and the 45ft - first time on the 45ft and she was great. mainly circling as I was a bit direct line and couldn't spend too long there, having visitors back home. We did venture down to the pigs and for the first time she went a bit RB - obviously not seen/heard squealing small pink piggies before. We made a little bit of progress but definitely needs a lot more exposure. She was so quiet and responsive that we had a play with driving from Z5, just so I could feel her mouth (she has to wear a bridle if we go to Abderry) and managed a canter on a circle, even with 22ft lines - very pleased as it was in a fair sized paddock. Then I hopped on. She was great - we just did some figure of eights walk and trot, then tried a canter to the right (her easiest side), managed a whole circle and a half, then I asked her to slow and stop, and hopped off. I never thought I'd be confident enough to ride her in the paddock first visit at all 3 gaits...she was great - very on the forehand but listening all the time, even though there were lots of other horses in the neighbours paddocks...think that is ride number 10....

No comments:

Post a Comment