Sunday, May 29, 2011

Friendly in the water...

We recently had an opportunity to play in the water of Lake Patumahoe, otherwise known as my arena! Rain was forecast, and a lot, but I didn't think it would mainly fall in an hour or so. I was lucky to be working from home so could keep an eye on what was going on. We had 37mm in about an hour, and about 60mm in the day, whihc was nothing compared to the poor people who had 300 plus.

I hadn't seen water in the pens before so took the opportunity to see what the horses made of it - they are usually all so calm now and this was no exception. Rafiki soon got the idea she had to pin her nose right in her bucket to stop it floating towards Merlots pen, or he'd reach over and try and help himself!! her feel still aren't perfect - you can see the horizontal craks in her hinds, but they are a whole lot better than they were.



This was the bank behind the arena - not much will grow on it an even less now!! The water was half way up my gumboots...ad the arena is still wet 3 days later...


Yesterday the weather improved and I was able to help Roger with our new front path - the dogs got a bit bored though - see pic below! I had got myself completely overtired so was not in a good state of mind to play with horses - better today but will see how we go....I've noticed this is a pattern of mine which I must break - get too much on at work and end up doing some extra hours to meet deadlines then miss out on horsetime and get more and more frustrated and mentally irritated whihc transfers into physical symptoms. So I'm going to try something different, to make sure I only do my work hours....


Thinking very much about the Game of Contact Course in Australia and WISHING I could have been there, but I am so lucky to have a friend that did who is kind enough to blog - thanks Vicki!!
off outside now it has stopped raining to have a play....discovered my parelli jacket is not waterproof any more - need to re-proof it. When it was so wet I used 3 jackets one after the other as it was so persistently raining...forgave myself for not playing actively that day!

1 comment:

  1. Jane, don't be so hard on yourself, it's winter after all, but bloody hell it was wet that day, the rain got inside my gumboots!!! Horrid. Yes, just work your hours at work. If you do too much they'll think you can do more. Nothing wrong with just doing horsey stuff weekends and Friday anyway. Did Roger make your pedestal?

    ReplyDelete