Sunday, May 29, 2011

wrestling with time......

I've been pondering hard this week how I can fit everything in - clearly what I am doing now is not working. I am not yet good at balancing work and non-work, besides all the time for the different horsenalities!! yet again Rafiki let me know the answer, by being very introvert..why would I expect anything else when using the arena??

Today she was great online, we focused on improving change of direction and getting all 4 feet on the pedestal, which she has found challenging before, but we succeeded well today. Then I just thought I'd sit and maybe have a walk on her. Clearly she told me she had done enough in the arena. I sat, and sat and sat, and eventually got ears forward and a slow walk to the barrle about 6 feet away so I got off and finished there!!yet tonight she trotted into the arena for her supper. She has been quite consisitently grumpy when ridden in the arena the last few times yet LBE and happy out and about. Cam seems to love the arena and tries her heart out, offering things all the time. So, maybe I have a winter horse and a summer horse? I'm really struggling to do much between getting home from work and darkness, but maybe I need to focus on really getting home on time a few days a week then riding Cam, and only having a couple of sessions on weekdays with Rafiki - one online active and one doing 'stationary' things - could it be that I have been boring my LBE/cusp of LBI!! i think so. Yet Cam loves the consistency, so I can keep gently progressing with my riding in the arena with her, and take Rafiki out at weekends and ride her...sounds like a plan. Just how long has it taken me to realise this.....




Miss Rafiki happy to stand on the pedestal



And happy to trot online, before it got boring!!






This was Cams idea - sideways towards me at liberty intially but then she changed direction and decided to sideways over the barrle long ways!! we got nice sideways from Z5 again too....


She is such a cutie and is so much more trusting now that I have decided to submit my L4 online before August, and see how we go progressing with L3 freestyle...


1 comment:

  1. What a cutie Cam is, and Rafiki. Learnt some good strategies for arenas this weekend for different horsenalities. Xx ps don't get stressed at work...

    ReplyDelete