I decided to add up the number of times I have 'ridden' Rafiki, even if it has only been sit on and walk a few minutes. she has had so many injuries from a day or two after I got her, and long times of unsoundness, and I think now a lot of that was due to tenderness from laminitis...
For the riding record:
2005 - 1 when I tried her out!
2008 - 2 very short bareback sessions
2009 - 3
2010 - 13
2011 - 14 - in 4 months having had 2 months off with laminitis!!
Total: 33
Not much - most of those sessions have been around 20 minutes, when I've stopped after she did something good. In this years sessions probably 3 have been an hour, and maybe 4 half an hour
oohhhh...adds up to about 13.5 hours....we have a way to go then!!
How many people in 'normallsville' (or Parelli land for that matter) would have kept an apparently 'aggressive' horse for 3 years without riding her - and sold a float and designed and had a new bigger one built because she grew too long...am I mad??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No you aren't mad..Rafiki is an amazing girl and very lucky she found you.XX
ReplyDelete