Monday, June 15, 2009

Goal setting....

Well,have kind of been busy at work so a few days since the last post and I still haven't got around to trying to upload the video of Shiraz. I have been busy working out how I can submit my Freestly Level 2 -big BFO when I realised riding each pattern 7 times means riding 56 times !!! Wow I know I haven't ridden 56 times in 2 years, let alone by end of September, which is when I am submitting my audition!! No wonder I haven't progressed riding much....

Well, I worked it all out and have decided to take the time it takes with Cameo, as well as progressing with Rafiki, but this means me being very disciplined. The funny thing is, while I have been focussing on Rafiki, even though I still have haltered Cam and given her some attention (but not as much as previously) she has mainly been very 'off' with me. She hasn't come up or wanted to interact with me or be interested at all, which is not like her usual self. BUT I wandered out in the rain today to give them all a carrot,and guess who whinnied and met me first - Cameo!! She couldn't leave me alone and kept licking my hands.
I went out again later, and she did exactly the same. I put the others in the pens and she was desperate to interact, nuzzling my pocket and following me everywhere as I picked up the poo in the arena. (they are staying in there as paddocks are mud slurry). So I asked her, at liberty to put her nose on the cone. Not only did she put her nose on it, she put her foot on it then straddled it between her front legs!! She got a bit of carrot,so then moved on to putting one foot on a pole, then sidewaysed over the pole towards me (her idea) -fascinating!! As if she had been watching over my shoulder as I set my goals up with her this morning - or maybe my intention was clearly very different and she read that. Either way, I have my sweet RBI back,but behaving and responding in a LB way, yet she was totally RB first thing this morning.....super unconfident yet the others were fine....

I just love the June savvyclub dvd - has to be the best one yet -has helped me so much and defined the differences between horsenalities more clearly....

2 comments:

  1. oh June DVD!! I have not got mine yet boo hoo.
    Glad to hear you have Cameo back - isn't funny how they pick up on our intent.
    Fabuloso goal... you are so right - we have not progressed in our riding because we have not ridden enough - I actually realised that when I came back from the conference and previously from listening to Pats CDs (and then couldn't ride much then due to confidence - so then you have to hear it again don't you.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have the dvd by now!!
    Thanks for the catchup yesterday -was great to see you and all the boys.

    Hope you were able to enjoy the wetaher today -yay 2 more days til the shortest day -then spring is on it's way!

    ReplyDelete