I've been a while pondering this post, and still haven't really got there but am going to load it anyway. Friends....don't take any of this personally - I have finally 'got' on a different level (a bit like those dvds that have bits added to them while they sit on the shelf...) the realisation that I can't do everything as well as I would like to. So, I won't be emailing as much, travelling out and about without my horses, the house and garden won't be as tidy (as if it ever was!) and I might be saying no to a few things that I haven't before. If you find me visiting you to 'watch' a play day without my horse then please ask why!
Since I have been back from Pagosa I have barely had any horsetime at all, and that was NOT my plan. As often is the case, and John Barr said this on the first day - you tend to learn what you need and not what you want.....
I have had a bit of a reminder and a wake-up call about 'important versus urgent'.
Are you putting the 'important' things first in your life?
Or are you rushing around doing urgent but trivial things and being 'busy busy busy' like me, but not achieving what you want and not feeling 'pleased but not satisfied'. (my father in-law used to say 'anyone can be a busy fool' and he was so right...)
I have been so frantically trying to catch up with all the things I haven't done both at home and at work while I was in Pagosa that I have been neglecting the horses play-wise and the other animals, and so have been getting more and more frustrated with myself.... of course I have been caring for them physically, but not as holistically as I should.
It took 'something' (maybe called age and aches and pains!) to cause me to stop, re-wind and re-focus. I have been getting caught up with the 'small stuff' and haven't been progressing towards my goals. Who really cares if there is dust on the windowsills, the garden isn't tidy, the paddock edges are lank - our soon to be arriving annual visitors who arrive in December and stay til March know what life is like here...do they really care - I hope not.
I finally feel I'm back on track, and have sorted out where I'm going, and realised I can't be all things...much as I'd like to. I have my plans and goals sorted for each horse and myself, and have re-started yet again. I'm writing this now because I want this time to be different - for the horses not to 'take a back seat' when things get busy.
The point of this blog?? To remind myself life isn't a rehearsal, this is 'now', and time lost can never be regained...make the most of it...what was it Pat says..be positive progressive and natural...the middle one has been missing for me for sometime...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

wholeheartedly agree - well done...
ReplyDeleteAgreed! :D
ReplyDeleteTies in with my recent blog post...
I'm now following your blog, Jane. Didn't realize you had one!
¬Kerrin