Monday, April 11, 2011

Different horse again....

Hmm, today I had a very defiant LBI in Rafiki - testing different strategies.... as she had had a 'busy' session last time I thought I'd play friendly with a bareback ride and grazing. I had a quick online play as discovered she had zero respect - how interesting....learned a LOT from the last session then... I got on and she was respectful for about 30 seconds then wasn't, so I leapt off and did something about it to match her definace - after that she was pretty compliant and willing - how interesting.....definitely not RB - it was total LB food focus as we were in the hay paddock full of grass. We got a nice bareback trot, and some beautiful 'rein back' for which she obviously got rewarded. I had a very strong feeling though that in 'normalsville' she would potentially be very aggressive and buck like a mad thing. Tomorrow will be a 'gaining respect but keeping rapport' session whichever horse turns up, interspersed with grazing.... The great thing is that I was thinking - fascinating - what arrows do I need to use for this - I didn't get frustrated at all!!

1 comment: