Saturday, April 9, 2011
Got my sane horse back again
Well,keeping Rafiki off too much grass worked - she is her calm sensible self again. had a fun short freestyle ride in the arena yesterday, practicing disengage hq and direct rein. She really is so sensitive - I only have to think what I want about 3 strides ahead and she starts to prepare herself. Poor girl, I must have really been shouting when I rode her trying her out all those years ago. A friend came over who I totally trust to ride her parelli-style, so she rode Rafiki and I rode Cam, bareback, both in the hay paddock. The twins had a big hoon but neither Rafiki nor Cam stressed. it was lovely to see Rafiki ridden so sympathetically - she did some beautiful relaxed canters on a total casual rein - I could clearly see the footfalls she was so relaxed and rhythmical. I have only seen her canter that relaxed once before - earlier this week in the paddock by herself! Maybe that big gallop last week really helped her.... Cam was great - haven't ridden or played for weeks but hopped on, played figure of eight, had a few trots and a lovely relaxed bareback canter - amazing!! This is the horse that used to run away from me pre-parelli, and the horse that can't stay relaxed under saddle.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

yay - go you!! Bareback canter - I can only dream of that... have to master bareback trot first for the downwards transition!!
ReplyDeleteWho was your friend?
My day wasn't so relaxed... just blogged... lol
Aw thanks but was only a few strides - we stopped while it was good!!
ReplyDelete