I was originally planning to ride at the supercamp but new gearbox parts and laminitis put paid to that - but I was lucky enough to audit a couple of days. Wow I learned a lot - some of it I 'knew' but it hadn't filtered through into 'doing' and some was genuinely new, like RBI getting snotty noses one side when they make a big breakthrough...can't remember how that one came up exactly but it happens with Cam, and not the others...
Also some interesting other RBI 'reveals', which I had noticed but was good to have confirmed - like the whole saddle/claustophobia thing being so extreme. One of the biggest things for me was Jacke encouraging us to be 'pleased' with our horses - this was hugely reassuring because I'm sure its obvious that every blog I almost seem to be brimming over with 'pleasedness' compared with others, and I was thinking I was too easily pleased....but if every session is better than the last I was thinking I must be doing something right!! I particularly enjoyed being able to sit and scribble during the riding sessions, writing down every step. Now I just need to practice it... This week I've barely done anything horsewise as have been too manic at work and been overtired, so little point in subjecting the horses to that. Weird being so tired you can't even think straight, and not something I want to become a habit so I have eased up a bit last couple of days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

snotty nose as in runny nose? Interesting - M gets that... teaching him to pick up his feet to jump today... hmmmm
ReplyDeleteYes, Jackie's comment on being pleased with our horses is something i have taken on board. I found that i was thinking about the next thing instead of being "pleased" with the effort. I have also been thinking about the mental connection and how to have the want not make.
ReplyDelete