Sunday, April 3, 2011

Water.....



I always forget to load pics in reverse order on the blog! I took Rafiki to a freinds lovely farm one day after work the other week - I was determined to get out while the evenings were still light.It was just about dark when we got home - she loaded and travelled beautifully again.


Rafiki has been to the beach once and water didn't seem to be a problem, but I thought it would be fun to check it out. I put her gum boots (Boa's!) on incase her soles were still sore from laminitis. Must have felt weird to her to have water sloshing about, but of course she didn't care at all. It is so lovely to have a calm horse out and about....

I was very pleased with how confident she was over the clackety wooden bridge - it is a long way above the water - you can't really tell. I was staying in Z 3 to see how confident she was. I stopped her to have a look and she peered at it, decided it was safe and walked straight over...look at that stride!


She is putting on a bit of weight now and looking better I think.

2 comments:

  1. WOW - she did so well to go over that bridge!!!! Not sure G would have...
    Great to see some piccies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep I was pleased how confident she was!!
    I know I'll try and take more pics...

    ReplyDelete