
Just a reminder of how Shiraz used to like her pedicure...she does stay upright now.

Muffin and Bundle in the barn paddock - front paddock looks a bit wintery -house is behind the treesShiraz without her pjs and Merlot checking what I'm doing...

Merlot and Rafiki - looking a bit similar in size here...

All 4....how did I end up with 4 chestnuts - 1, 2 3 and 4 socks???


Merlot and Rafiki - looking a bit similar in size here...

All 4....how did I end up with 4 chestnuts - 1, 2 3 and 4 socks???The pictures seem to be a bit blurred -probably the operator but maybe a younger camera will help. The email size ones seem better than blog size so will try those. 'Any tips for better pics' anyone??
Just read Vicki's blog - we are very similar in that Parelli seems to have taken over our brain - I don't know what I would do without it. I constantly try and use the principles at work -someone even though I was 'tolerant' the other day! I have had dreams about it too- am currently working on an important project but dreamed I was presenting it to a room full of people, opened the powerpoint up and there it was in the correct format, but all about horsemanship!! I also dreamed I went back to college but I wasn't studying agriculture it was .. you've guessed it. Would love that one to come true.
After watching colt starting (2007 I think not 2004 ) I realised that neither Cameo nor Rafiki would probably truly accept the human in that way -and probably would behave in a similar way tothe colt. Lots to ponder - especially as Pat said of course it is 'just' Level 1 done with excellence. Why would I expect either to be calm when I'm on board and we are moving if they weren't entirely happy with me on board at a stand still....I seem to almost be going backwards -the more dvds I see the more I think oh better do that, oops big hole there haven't done that. I guess thats what keeps me safe though and slow and right beats fast and wrong.
Also realised I have never properly practised stage 2 of trailer loading - staying in. Have done stage 1 and 3 in and out heaps though with Cam and Rafiks. No wonder I am not progressing .. along with separation progress, that is the task for today with Rafiks. Extreme friendly and friendly on the move for Cam, porky for the twins if time but otherwise will be tomorrow.
Why am I so goal oriented??? I 'just' want to be good enough to ride and event but on a happy willing partner - will I live long enough???


Hey Jane! Very neat to read your blog!!
ReplyDelete"Backwards" is a state of mind - thats my only comment hehehe.
Hugs
Bonn
Thanks Bonni- you are right...think a few light bulbs have just gone on with me - it is good to have a goal but not to let it override (sorry!) the principles..and I hope I never will.
ReplyDelete