Friday, May 29, 2009

Our afternoon walk



Rafiki and I went for a walk to build both our confidence,and this time I remembered the camera!! This is the neighbour's back paddock -they very kindly let me wander through. Spot the boat!


Up at the top of the hill there is this log between two trees - must ask if we can jump it. Interestingly, Rafiks walked all the way up the hill today -no trot. Her head was low and she was totally relaxed -didn't even stop to look at the boat. She did want to find the patch of grass next to the shooting platform though...
It is very hard taking pics on the move with an old slow camera....hope I have a pressie from the UK!


Just checking!!





This is the 'quiet' road at the back -soon as we got on it a large truck and trailer came along- luckily they were considerate and slow but Madam didn't bat an eyelid...shame about the poop in this pic!! You can see our audience, but can't quite see the horns.







Posing.....on the way to see the monster shetland. No dramas today - she was completely relaxed- no bouncy heartbeat-must have done the right thing yesterday. I would never ride a horse again without checking it out, and I would never ever ride a horse on the roads without having taken it out on line first. I just cannot believe the difference one day/one excursion has made to Rafiki on the next trip-I thought it would take weeks for her to be her normal 110%relaxed self...all good practice for me for the twins....





Did I really back up that bit of hill?? Thought we would test the brakes - they worked!






Backing again,this time past the boat -combined backwards and squeeze -Rafiks handled it like a pro- bit wobbly by me as Iwas wiggling one finger!!





Oops a bit out of sequence. This next one should have come before the one above. Note to self: careful what you teach your horse-I have been asking for 'one foot'on something and to my horror I though Rafiks was going to put one foot on the bottom of the boat, or treat it as a pedestal!!



This is the gateway back through into the garden- again a bit of a squeeze -narrow horse gate and under trees...


And the previous squeeze was good prep for this one!!



Looking forward to tomorrow afternoon -hope the weather is ok...






































4 comments:

  1. whats happening tomorrow afternoon?? Rain due (sorry) ... yuk yuk... Monday and Tuesday looking good though.

    Love the photos - that paddock looks lovely - as does the road. Were the other three still calm today too.?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just wanted to do more trailer loading and make a programme of it for myself. I did discover though Rafiki isn't as confident with the ramp going up so will work on that too. But, as you say, yuk weather - just started to rain so have been to say hi to them. Good to spend a bit of time inside as Roger has come back today AND the savvy mag arrived yesterday!!

    The other 3 were 100% ok - I was away for nearly 2 hours. No-one had been running around or anything - very pleased!! Has taken a lot of doing in the summer tho - just needed a little reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats great. I am hoping once there is more food/hay/grass Maraschino will be ok again too - as I have been away a few times now in the float with Garbo and he has been fine.

    We have had a couple of showers and light rain but nothing heavy YET - just looked at the radar - BUGGER - just when my semi wet parts of the paddocks were drying out - the wet bits (about 20%) are still pond like. Monday and Tuesday and Wed all look fab though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked the up turned boat photo that would be a real challenge for Buzz. Hope you guys managed to get out and play this morning.

    ReplyDelete