Comon girls this was in a dvd (sorry or maybe audio?) a while back! I'll forgive you.
1) to teach the horse something new
2) to teach the human something new
3) to check out whether the horse is ready to ride!!
And I have been using it (pre fast track but not any more) to 'practice' what we already know......not so good! got some great relaxed canter circles from Rafiki today up in the hay paddock - not a single buck!! She tried her heart out again ..in return for grazing episodes of course. She is so funny, and so LB - she will do whatever I ask and keep going on the circle but the moment I allow her in even if he has been cantering she comes straight in and drops her head to eat...so towards the end it was yes come in but don't eat...and every moment she had a lovely expression -no snarliness at all - woohoo!! Can't wait to get riding - hopefully at the weekend. Also we got some nice weave at the walk but she was too fast for me on the 45ft at the trot. need to work on that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You see, I knew no 3 but never knew what the other two were. Never seen them in writing and probably heard it but they never sunk in lol. Thank you for that!
ReplyDeleteOh, nice post lol x
very cool progress there....
ReplyDeleteOH - well I guessed #3 but thought was obvious LOL
To teach the human something new - that's different.... hmmmm
I love the fact that you can put your Fast Track knowledge to good use.
ReplyDeleteKeep up the great play!
Petra Christensen
Parelli 2Star Junior Instructor
Parelli Central
Thanks everyone - I'm becoming more obsessed with this programme by the day...
ReplyDelete