was awesome!!!
She was motivated and obedient but had moments of dominance. But now I treat the striking and head tossing when she goes off into a canter online as a game and I get after her, whereas if she goes 'nicely' I don't.... Also we had a game where if she bucked and pronked with the saddle on in canter I stopped her very quickly so she doesn't practice that, then immediately send again and if she is soft I ask her straight in. It works!!!! She was great the second time for all of it..
Unfortunately she is very tender footed on hard surfaces (but 100% fine in arena) - i really think it is the grass shes hoovering up - her feet aren't as good as they were either. So I think I'll have to go back to grazing one paddock hard and feeding hay...
She did a fabulous weave at the trot, really making an effort to go the correct side of the cones and I barely directed at all. Also she stayed in a nice trot - only tried to canter once. She has such a positive expression 95 % of the time now - only a bit 'sour' when she thinks she is driving me when I'm in z1 or 2 but I'm quite quick at catching it now - and sometimes it is when she's not sure what I'm asking so I am more aware of that. She was still quite dominant at times though so I wasn't quite ready to get on and ride properly - though I did get on and do lateral flexion and a few steps of walk - yay no head tossing or tail swishing today..
Interestingly I saw two new behaviours for Cameo today. She tried to mount Rafiki!! Rafiki was having none of it. Then Cam was grooming Shiraz - I have only ever once seen her groom another horse - but perhaps she has been secretly, which is why she got upset when I took Shiraz out the other day.... need to keep an eye on her hormones I think!! She was also very cuddly and nuzzly with me and seems SO much more confident when with me - but she still isn't on her own...guess thats the 'trust' and clinginess of the RBI though....
as opposed to Miss LBE Rafiki!
Oh and my plan worked great again today - seems to work for me taking the Fastrack focus that bit further having a plan for me and a plan for the horse - I cannot believe how much more focussed I am and of course as a result the horse is. Without even trying Merlot and Shiraz offered 2 feet on the pedestal at liberty together, and I played yoyo in Z2 and 3 with Cam online and Merlot on my other side and Shiraz next to him both at liberty all at the same time - such fun!! They were perfect....Rafiki would have joined in too but she was shut in the paddock.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

How sweet - what a team you have. Glad the plan is working.... you'll have to email me a copy so I can see how to do one - I think it's a great idea...
ReplyDeleteRafiki is such a sweety...having fun obviously and enjoying the new Jane, as are the others...
Vxx
or is it your 11 focus areas - things to work on....?
ReplyDeleteHi Twinnie, I thought you might enjoy Kim's blog who created a "Fast Track at home" after her Fast Track experience in Pagosa Springs...
ReplyDeletehttp://shannonranch.blogspot.com/2010_07_01_archive.html
Petra Christensen
Parelli 2Star Junior Instructor
Parelli Central
Thanks Petra!
ReplyDelete