Saturday, October 16, 2010

Rafiki's idea...

Even though Rafiki is not quite sound she is still trotting to me..such a sweetheart. She has so much try. My plan was to play with the float, just incase I can take her to the playday tomorrow - even if we just stand and watch if she is sore.
She wanted the halter on (as did the other three..) amazing how much they want to be with me even when there is so much spring grass - perhaps the fact we do spend some time grazing helps...
So we headed out of the paddock and I let the line go while I closed the gate - I didn't want her to pivot on her bad leg. And she headed....straight for the float!! So funny. She walked straight on and started hunting around for anything there might be to eat, and found a very small crumb of carrot. I asked her off and on and she was totally LB, so gave her a bit of feed as a reward then took her for a short 2 minute drive around the block. She was a littl stary eyed when we got back, so I left her on and just sat with her until she was ok, then offeed her a bit of feed - if she is stressed she doesn't eat as she's not that food motivated then. well, she inhaled it. I undid the back and had to ask her off. meanwhile the lawnmower was right next to the float but she took not a single bit of notice. Just love these LB horses!!! I think I know how Cam would have reacted....

Very pleased with that too seeing as she hasn't been anywhere since about April....
looking forward to summer!

2 comments:

  1. I don't think time matters too much at all when they love to do something- especially rewarding when she was so inquisitive about what she might find..just shows that she knew there is usually something there for her. Fabulous XX Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats awesome Jane... well done. of course they want to be with you... you are interesting, :-)

    ReplyDelete