Thursday, September 23, 2010

I've seen inside 'the vault'!!!

Today it rained ALL day but wasn't especially cold - yet. Thunder and snow showers apparently forecast for tomorrow though - our test day!!

We 'took advantage' of the weather today and as it was so slippery outside watched some videos and did lots of simulations, which were great.Mainly fluidity. I've of course written everything down so we can have a go when I get home,if interested.

We also had a fascinating tour around Parelli Central Office. This included watching halters etc being made in the workshop, and a run through the social media section of the website. I now have more idea of what is available, which is good. We also saw a bit of the making of "the Horsemans Apprentice" which was interesting, and next door to that studio was 'The Vault'!! A lot smaller than I had imagined, but then I suppose it would be with so much stuff saved electronically now.

This afternoon we did our theory test - I hope I score better than I did first time round - think I will have done. They prepared us well and I'm sure most people will have done better. I am still getting my head around 'not competing with anyone but myself'. It is so alien to other 'tests' to me, but I love the concept.

Then this evening we watched The Horsemans Apprentice again - next week I'll be watching from home....I wonder how different it will feel, having been to this magical place.

Hope the forecast is wrong and we don't get snow and thunder and possible flash floods tomorrow...if we didn't get tested I don't think it would be the end of the world as the Instructors know where we are in our horsemanship now.

off to bed as have an extra early start in the morning...

wish me luck!!

5 comments:

  1. No matter how the test goes I am sure your horsemanship has sky rocketed beyond your wildest dreams.

    Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck - I am sure you'll do just fine. Do you get Awarded a level if appropriate?
    I saw on my phone app warnings of flash floods for 22nd but not 23rd... fingers crossed...
    Hard to believe you'll be home soon - your horses will be pleased to see you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am wishing you lots and lots and lots of luck!
    c x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I forgot to say - DEFINITELY keen for fluidity simulations...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all your comments and good wishes!!

    We should get together for fluidity simulations...

    Look forward to it yay summer is coming!

    ReplyDelete