Woohoo - we rode there today....because there was thunder and lightening and most of the horses have left for the World Equestrian Games or Florida now....
This morning we had focus groups again, one of which was liberty. I had my first real proper liberty session with Pierson in a round pen in the honeycomb. He is an amazing little horse - he did all I asked including all 7 games at liberty, and transitions on a circle. He even managed a few steps of sideways without a fence. I definitely have far more draw than drive but I'm happy with that. I got a good circle of canter. I took him grazing afterwards but interestingly he wasn't that interested in grazing (LBI!!) - he just wanted to stand with me.
Then we had time to play with the trailer - can't remember of I told you he arrived very RB so we have only played with it once. Then Carmen advised me to get good at directing zone 1, so I have improved it, and all I asked was that he put his nose inside. It is a very narrow little straight load trailer. On the third ask he thought he'd get in, then to his delight he found some bits of grain that another horse had left. he was a little RB getting out, but I asked him in and had planted a few treats at the front. I asked him off then on again, and this time had a harder time getting him off.....hee hee think I have begun to make inroads there.
This afternoon was riding time so almost 50 horses rode in pairs in the Big Top, all together, following the first track then spreading apart so the pair behind could come between us, then close back together - hard to explain so will tell people when I get back, if interested. They were brilliant patterns for a lot of horses in a small area but it could very quickly turn bad if people were out of sequence/time...
After that we went on an awesome trail ride as the thunder disappeared. This one was steeper and faster than the other and once again Pierson was a star...really enjoyed it.
What will tomorrow bring...testing?? We haven't been told when it is but it is between now and Friday ....oh and they forecast 50% chance of snow showers Thursday - it was 88 degrees yesterday but about 70/75 today which apparently is more seasonal.
Wahhh I don't want snow!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Not snow! When I was in Montana 4 or was it 5 years ago this time of year we got 18" of snow in one day!
ReplyDeleteRiding in the Big Top!! How cool!!! What a brilliant day you had. Good luck with the tests xxx
Oh my god, how cool is that?!! The big top!!
ReplyDeleteVery cool - sounds awesome. Trail ride also sounds fab!
Snow - goodness. Snowing in southland too.
You really can learn every situation or senario- SNOW- HEAT_ THUNDER_ LIGHTNING_RAIN - WOW I'm still enthrawled with the bears and mountain lions...I just can't imagine that in your back yard.
ReplyDeleteNo snow yet -was about 75 today...lovely.
ReplyDeleteCilla I'm shocked you had 18" sonow in one day......thanks for your good wishes!!
Yes, lots of different learning situations....
Loving this!!
Ambassador will hopefully be the first step....