This morning we had our first 'focus sessions'. This is where the instructors write up 4 or 5 topics, related to what we learned yesterday, and we can go and play with those topics near them and if we have problems then they can help us puzzle solve. It is all set up to help us be independent which is great. Piersons porky advanced heaps!! he learned 'back by the tail' in about 3 goes - my timing is improving heaps which helps.
Also I got nice stick to me canter for a few strides - as he is LBI I stopped it very quickly. I'm learning to do a nice Missouri Foxtrot in my body too - very funny! then we had the morning demo which went from 11.30 til about 1.30 today. It was all about prep for saddling, saddling and bridling with savvy. Thankfully I seem to have developed some good habits.I played with this in the afternoon and once I had convinced Pierson that he didn't need a treat every time I got on we got on ok - just practiced mounting/dismounting and a little lateral flexion and direct/indirect rein. The reins are far too short though so I will need to buy some finesse reins - can sell them again when I get home if necessary.
In the afternoon we got our test results - my theory one was pretty good, but my practical one not so, as I expected. If we took the test again today though it would be very much better. We also had a discussion with an instructor regarding our golas - mine was Molly, who is really nice (you can see her on The Horsemans Apprentice). They change each week though. I have set myself and Pierson 3 goals for this coming week, so we'll see how that goes.
Tomorrow we have the Parelli games 9-12, which is voluntary, but we'll go along and have a go. Then the rest of the weekend is ours.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Jane that's great news of your progress. The one thing I know you do brilliantly (already) is that you take the time it takes.. More photos please xx
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend!I hope you get to chill out lots.
ReplyDeletec x
Hi there Jane- Sounds as though it's all going well. Person sounds like such a character.Can't wait for you to explain the Missouri foxtrot. Have fun
ReplyDeleteX Kathy
thanks for the update on boot camp!
ReplyDeleteHI all and thanks for your comments!! I really will take more pics - the place is changing with prep for the Summit - all v exciting.
ReplyDelete