Thursday, September 16, 2010

Trail ride prep

I did blog yesterday but the internet fell over half way so it didn't record....and it didn't save this properly either so here you go...

never mind. We had a great day yesterday - lots of riding and 'focus stations' where instructors help you trough tasks. We were starting bridleless riding prep (of course not without bridles..) and were teaching backwards and sideways wuth no reins. I wasn't as far behind as I thought.

then today we had an amazing play session - Pierson did beautiful sideways along a log as there were no small poles - we started off just with a few steps and he so quickly picked it up. I am also teaching him to 'taxi' with me standing on something a nd he is picking it up after only 3 sessions this morning, 3 diferent obstacles. he is SO smart. He is such a sweet boy too - does everything with a lovely expression.

3 comments:

  1. I can feel your happiness and confidence growing just reading about it. Stunning.
    c x

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwwww - how cool is that - he will be sad to go home (and bored perhaps) lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard to tune in - in such a short time...but sounds like you and Pierson are doing brilliantly. XXXX ps love the Blog

    ReplyDelete