Today to our relief we had no snow or rain and it turned out to be a nice day.
We started the testing this morning with tools - I think I got one of the knots wrong but have no idea why...I'm sure it was what we were taught. Some of my other skills were ok though. Then we moved onto online, which included trailer loading, and I was able to load Pierson from the fender!! Wow what a difference. It was hard to keep him off the trailer. later on when we were waiting for some of the riding tasks (saddled..) he kept drifting towards it and I'm sure would have got on given a chance. Vicki Cilla and Hana - do you remember Cameo getting on the float and going past the chairs we had in there!!!
Then we moved to liberty which didn't go so well - he wasn't connected with me and escaped from porcupine - we just aren't quite ready for that. Then after lunch were the freestyle and fluidity tests, whcih I couldn't do at all in the first testing as he wasn't rideable, but we managed them to a degree this time.
Nothing amazing, but we have made a lot of progress so I'm pleased. Just need to wait for the results tomorrow now. I've decided what I do want to move forward with - can't remember if I blogged, but all depends on the result. I think I need to send in my L3 freestyle audition too. Suprisingly I'm one of the few who has sent in a L3 audition already.
A few people have not completed the course, or chosen not to ride etc for one reason or another but all agree it has been an amazing experience.
Looking forward to stepping up my horsemanship at home - watch out horses!!
See you soon, people!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

woohoo - you go girl.... can't wait to hear your plans....
ReplyDeleteYou have a very good knack at getting horses to want to go on to trailers don't you lol - yes I remember!! LOL
see you soon - glad I was right about the weather.... heehee
Oh yes I remember! It was wonderful lol. You have a lot of licking and chewing to do now!
ReplyDeleteI have really enjoyed waking up every morning, cranking up my computer and reading your posts. A great way to wake up.
Good luck with the test results and have a safe, easy and fast journey home.
c x