Hi special friends,
Thanks everyone for your comments - really appreciate them!
Regarding pressure - that is coming from all directions - people putting it on themselves, pressure of just being here, pressure of being part of the Fast track etc. Several instructors have said the Fast Track is like a freight train....it stops for no-one - you just have to keep running with it and it progresses on from one thing to the next with no let up. Also they remind us every so often that is what we signed up for, and I'm in total agreement. It is described as a life changing experience and it is incredible...but not what some people expected. Also as always most people have 'stuff' going on at home - like the earthquake and the storm you have been experiencing this weekend, and worse, and some people deal with it better than others... I haven't heard yet how we have fared at home - hope you are all ok.
Today we did some arena stuff - focussing on circles. Wow it seems an AGE ago...
The goal was to fill the large arena with 50ft circles, and no horse to stray off the path except to make another circle, and each circle to be defined by a number of horses, and no circle to have more than 4 horses on it at any one time, and no horse to track across another circle, and also to end up following the rail via a series of serpentines... Well, we made it!! Rode in walk for an hour focusing on our circles and horses. Would never have ridden that long on a circle at home..
I discovered I lost my balance point when I focused hard on a circle, and as I already knew Pierson found right circles a lot easier than left. He was pretty tired, poor boy and could barely raise a canter this morning. I just took him grazing for a bit this afternoon as we had our 'remudas' where we decide on our specific goals for next week.
Then tonight we had an optional talk by Carmen on Tony Robbins, which went on until about 8.45pm. I found it fascinating...
Sorry no pics - didn't get to take my camera and I do have some pics from someone else but they are on hotmail and can't currently get them off it.
Tomorrow we have Partelli Games in the morning, afternoon free (apart from doing horses and washing etc) then sunday afternoon we have Ambassador training for about 4 hours. Both are optional but recommended, but I'll be going anyway. I'm going ot get the max out of being here. That means no time at all for anything else - hopefully might take a drive out tomorrow afternoon for a couple of hours but that will be it.
Take care all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm with you, only there once perhaps so make the most of every minute - just like you are doing, nothing will change at home.
ReplyDeleteSounds awesome, I am going to have so much to learn from you.
Wow! An hour riding circles....I am just getting ready to see if I can get ON Breeze in an arena again. We are having an interesting time with circles online so reading your post has put things into perspective.
ReplyDeleteYou must be loving every second of the Fast Track express train ride eh?! I bet you won't remember some of the stops the 'train' made until you get home :-)
c x
Hi, yes, loving every moment of every second of the fast track - am just SO lucky to be here...sorry probably you are bored with hearing that....
ReplyDeletejx