Sorry no more pics at the mo - take too long to load and am dead tired...
Had a great day today - discovered that the time I had taken on the ground has really paid off as we had our second long riding session. Only doing simple stuff such as follow the rail, cloverleaf and circles at walk and trot but it went quite well. We were focussing on getting the basics right - Walter Zettle said about the importance of getting the basics right to avoid further confusion to the horse.
We had a long theory session this morning on leadership (love theory!!) and then we wrote our personal lists of what we wanted to work on. Hmm, I came up with I think 18 things I wanted to work on to improve my leadership....will have to work on a couple at a time - could take a while.
Pat called in to see us for a half hour this morning which was great.
This is the most AMAZING course and I cannot believe how lucky I am to be here. It is the hardest thing I have ever done intensity-wise - but I would recommend it to anyone if they have serious horsemanship goals and are prepared for FAST track....it is so well named!!
I really feel Pierson and I are progressing now - rode in a bridle today and loved it. he is such a sweet boy and tries so hard - at the moment am glad that I chose to continue with him but of course that could all change!!
Hope the weather isn't too yuk in NZ....
thinking of you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

18 things to improve your leadership sounds huge. Please write 18 things you are already good at as a Leader. No.1. You are a good friend.
ReplyDeleteBaby born Sat. I love being a Grandma. I have been telling her all about her little horse and how she has to learn the Parelli way. Lol.
sounds very amazing - can't wait for you to give me some of your new found tips when I next ride Garbo and play online... he got the all clear today with his hip - yay...
ReplyDeleteWay to go Jane I knew you'd turn Pierson around - the owner is very lucky
Hi Jane- great you are doin so well...yep I agree taking the time pays off usually in many more ways than you can envisage when you are taking THAT time.....Today I was able to cut the dreadlocks from Oscar's mane- 9 in all- thank goodness I had taken the time to help him feel safe and able to stand still while I intoduced a gaggle of different things before introducing the scissors....but could only do it because I did take the time it takes. WOW...keep that inspiration coming.XXX
ReplyDeleteHi, Lovely to hear from you all - thank you for your supportive comments!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are all doing v well yourselves - think we will need a 'catch up' when we all can get together again...