Saturday, September 11, 2010

Performance Summit!!!

Guess who at the Performance Summit today!! we had a short session in the moring thenwere free to watch the entire show.
Pat and masttery students playing with cows in Arena Grande

Action shot with Peppy.
Had a great day today - we had a short play session in the morning, which you can see pictures of on Facebook. We had virtually no room so just played with yoyo and sideways - Pierson can now go sideways without a fence for a few steps...now how long did it take me to teach Cameo that, and I've only had about 5 or 6 sessions including sideways with Pierson...hmmmm .....
Pat and the mastery students played with cows in the morning, which was fun to watch, then the summit proper started at 2pm in the Big Top. It was virtually packed out - just a couple of seats free, but heaps of people watching and standing so must have been sold out.
The whole day was about 'purpose' and what struck me the most was the 'purpose' shown in the simulated bull fighting (with carrot sticks!) between Pat and Dave Ellis. Dave is an amazing horseman and had 2 pack horses with him too. Basically Pat was being the 'bull' and Dave was moving his horses hq or fq at the last moment 'FAST' - really brought home to me the point of moving these bits in isolation...then he turned it into a spin. Also Caton had a bit of a play with the artificial cow, and we saw how to start teaching horses to pull etc etc. Russell was sitting with Nate Bowers driving the Belgians who are called Slim and None - tell you more when I see you! He harrowed the arena and drove them around the campus. What else....oh I saw Jackie having a quick play outside with Barnum and Bailey - apparently they are almost 2o years old. They are in great condition - not too fat at all.
I think Revlon was my favourite horse today - she stood out in the arena grande and then Pat rode her in the afternoon. He also had a play with Especiale. Also saw Magic - she looks tiny - Cameo size, and Lauren was riding Mailee around - she also looked quite small.
Shopping....I got my cradle bridle -YAY!!! Thanks very much for your help you special people who know who you are. I also bought a few other bits. I was hoping to get some clothing but they are running stocks down - think there will be a big launch of a new collection next year. Also we get to hear about the new tools tomorrow - that will be interesting.
We have been invited to play Parelli Games tomorrow morning - not sure how I feel about doing that infront of a potential crowd but I'll have a go!!
Thanks for comments about Piersons fetlock - it is much better today - cool and back to it's normal size. So I had a quick play tonight in the round pen and he was quite playful - got canter circles and change of direction at liberty so was pleased with that!
Thats all for now - have a look on facebook for better pics...


3 comments:

  1. Cool!!!!!
    Thats all I can say - off to FB now... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo amazing- great to be able to keep up with what you are doin!!! Brilliant!!!! X X Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! Hope you go for the games tomorrow, it looks like fun! I reckon if I tried I would be laughing too much. Breeze would want to side pass everything.
    c x

    ReplyDelete