Saturday, September 25, 2010

Lots of disappointed people...

But not me!!

Thanks for your supportive comments ladies from my last blog - much appreciated.

Well, Pierson and I didn't quite make it to pass the course with 70% - we got 63% but I was very pleased, considering what we started with. Wonderful news anyway - I plan to be back in Colorado next August, taking the 1* Instructor course as I was close enough in scores to be able to send in a dvd of me and Cam or Rafiki at home during next summer, to show my horsemanship. I was offered a scholarship for this (along with others, I'm nothing special) and discussed with Lee Palmer the likelihood of my being good enough, and she said my results were 'very solid' and she thought I would be fine. I just need to show my horsemanship with my horse (which I know needs to improve, ridden). Also she commented on my theory test result - got a very good L4 pass in that - 83% first time and 100% the second. But then again theory is 'my' thing - I need to get out there and do more with my horses, as I knew!

I also had some other very positive comments from a couple of Instructors which I was pleased with. One thing letting me down is my physical fitness and agility - I am strong but not necessarily in the right way, and I'm not supple enough, so I'll be working on that.

I 'feel' for those who were disappointed - we all had a challenging time and personally I am glad I persevered with Pierson. We had an award ceremony, and the instructors picked out a strength of each person, which was really nice of them. Mine was..... determination!! They commented on the fact that I realised Pierson mught not be the horse I was expecting but I took it up and had a go anyway. My mum would laugh with that and totally agree - especially if someone says I can't do something I will set out to show what I can do. Some might call me stubborn....

My 'house-mates' strengths - one was commended for always having a big smile, one for the most change in both horse and human, and the other for being very particular but not critical, all great qualities.

Just need to pack up and go now - I leave tomorrow, land on Monday and back to work on Tuesday....

See you soon!!

4 comments:

  1. awesome awesome awesome - can't wait to catch up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Jane for sharing this amazing time with us. It has been wonderful to read about your ups and downs. I think you did really well lol.

    I am sure your dvd of you and your own horses will show you are more than capable to do the 1* Instructor course. How fab is that!

    Have a safe journey home x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jane...excellent and so pleased that the positive reigns in your camp...That's what does it with you- that positive determination- you should be very proud of yourself...I know I am.XXXSee you when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you'll probably be home by the time you read this. What a wonderful experience. It seems as if you have fitted in far more than you could imagine, in 4 weeks. It's been great hearing your story, and I look forward to more, in person. A few things for you to catch up with me too, so look forward to hearing from you once you've settled :)

    ReplyDelete